Mount Offline Registry without using Regedit?

7 replies [Last post]
COSCstudent
COSCstudent's picture
Apprentice

Does any know if it is possible to create a program to mount the offline registry hives without having to run regedit? Let me explain why I ask. As some of you know, I am working on getting SoldierX it's own bootable disk resembling the Geek Squad's MRI. My problem is that when I run the scanners, only some of them will automatically mount the offline registry hives and some of them will not. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to create a program or a batch file (or something similar) that would allow me to run it and the offline registry hives would be mounted. This way, I could run all of the antivirus scanners and have them scan the registry hives as well. This would allow them to remove traces of malware that are left in the registry without having to boot into the offline operating system after I am done and run the scanners again to scan the registry. Let me know if you guys come up with anything. Any help is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or don't quite understand what I am trying to do, repost and I will see if I can clarify anything.

"You can never excel at something you don't truly enjoy."
- Jack Nicklaus