More of a guideline than a rule.

No replies
cisc0ninja
cisc0ninja's picture
SX Crew

Just a bit of information to help new users, and other existing users, with regards to seeking tutelage and further information on our site.
We understand that people like to type fast, we understand that people use acronyms at times, we understand that English is not everyone's first language, and we understand that in the heat of the moment of something misspelling and grammatical errors are likely to occur.
Below we have listed three examples which clearly show the differences between acceptable sentence structure for those who do not know it.

Perfect Sentence Example:
I am trying to figure out socket programming in the C programming language. Can anyone here point me in the right direction, or assist me in learning this?

Acceptable Sentence Example:
i'm trying to figure out socket programming in the c programming lang.
can anyone assist me or show me example code?

Unacceptable Sentence Example
y0, wut 1T b3 h0/v\I35!!!!!!
l b3 100l< 4 d@+ g00cl 5h1+!!!
h31p PIz....p3@c3

"Leet speak", as it has been referred to is not something we really like or condone. The majority of the times it has been used, at least on this site, were mainly meant for joking reference. However, it seems more and more people are starting to use it under the false pretense that it's the "cool" thing to do. Just as an FYI... if you're speaking in this manner on our site, you can expect to not receive any help.
If you just so happen to get any help, be cautious because you are probably just being trolled or used. Whether just for laughs or for someone's personal gain, it's just not a good idea to put yourself in that kind of position.

-cisc0ninja

"He who knows his own weakness, knows more of himself than he who has none."