Password Storage

6 replies [Last post]
ShuumatsuWarrior
SX VIP

So my work is looking to modify how we manage our passwords. We've got dozens of passwords for multiple systems and applications currently held in an Excel file inside a Truecrypt archive which can be accessed and updated by ~10 people. That part I think works well enough to keep, the thing that I'd like to see change is how that archive is stored. Right now we've got an SVN set up to control access, but when we have to update passwords, there's a lot of trouble making sure it gets properly checked in because it doesn't recognize any changes in the Truecrypt archive. So human nature what it is, it doesn't always get updated with every new password, or people update and end up removing changes from another person, which has caused some frustration.

So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or personal experience for another solution to store the Truecrypt archive other than SVN. Ideally, I'd be looking for something that would be available across our network locally, encrypted, and since I feel like this is a safe place and I can share my dreams, MFA.

I just don't know enough about this subject, and most solutions I've been able to Google are either a safe (which I'd like to avoid), wouldn't allow it to be stored in the Truecrypt archive, or would be available everywhere and wouldn't be stored locally. I don't know if I'm asking for too much, just wondering what other people's experience with this sort of thing is.