Unicornscan is an attempt at a User-land Distributed TCP/IP stack. It is intended to provide a researcher a superior interface for introducing a stimulus into and measuring a response from a TCP/IP enabled device or network. Although it currently has hundreds of individual features, a main set of abilities include:
* Asynchronous stateless TCP scanning with all variations of TCP Flags.
* Asynchronous stateless TCP banner grabbing
* Asynchronous protocol specific UDP Scanning (sending enough of a signature to elicit a response).
* Active and Passive remote OS, application, and component identification by analyzing responses.
* PCAP file logging and filtering
* Relational database output
* Custom module support
* Customized data-set views