SX-Pentesters_Toolkit

No replies
cisc0ninja
cisc0ninja's picture
SX Crew

Since I was in a bit of a hurry to get this out I did not include a FAQ, Readme, or anything else.
This will be an easy location to answer questions, give advice on usage, etc..

Working with files:
After downloading you will want to extract the files to a folder.
The folder will have 3 directories inside of it with a multitude of files and directories each.
The compressed file is approximately 896~mb's. The size of the extracted information is approximately almost 3gb's.
So having a 4gig and above flash drive will be required.
All you have to do is copy the 3 directories worth of files onto your flash drive.
When you plug in your flash drive it is assigned a drive letter.
Underneath the "cygwin" directory there is a file called cygwin.bat.
For place that their is an "F" replace that with the current drive letter.
This is because I have "path's" setup so that you can launch executables from any directory location not just the one the file is in.
I have not added every single directory path, only a few of the main ones.
Feel free to alter this and anything else as you desire.

If you already have the "cygwin" environment installed then executing the cygwin.bat file on the flash drive will do nothing as their will probably be a version incompatibility. The files which are part of the toolkit are unfortunately not the newest versions of all of the tools, so a decent amount of updating needs to be done for those interested.

I highly recommend you use "unetbootin" to put a copy of your favorite Linux distribution on the flash drive as well.
The ability to access your tools and data either booted in windows via cygwin or booting into linux from the usb is just awesome.
For the most part you can use the same tools/applications in both environments. Some things may need to be recompiled depending on the environment but you can do it all at your finger tips.
The cygwin setup on the flash drive includes the following key points:
gcc and the ability to compile on the fly
perl, python, ruby, etc...
vi
lynx
the ability to use ssh from the commandline as well as setup/run an ssh server
the ability to mod file attributes from a linux standpoint
the ability to inter-mix both windows and linux commandline styles example: attrib | grep (file)

As I've stated before feel free to post all questions and comments here. I will try my best to answer and explain as much as I can.

-cisc0ninja

"He who knows his own weakness, knows more of himself than he who has none."