NOOK Hard Reset

No replies
alcohologist
alcohologist's picture
SX Crew

Just recently, the Barnes and Noble Nook(an ebook reader) has been a pain in the ass for some users because of software issues like no wifi options, bugs, and frozen state.

Now I have learned that the nook can be rooted wherein you can install some applications on it because it operates on an Android OS and the nookDevs team has been researching and doing some roots for nook since the it came out of the market but most users weren't able to completely root their nooks and there goes a problem because they just voided their warranty. Now in order to solve this, we need to hard reset it which is restore it's factory settings. But how? Users were not informed how to do this and only technicians can do this over the phone(Barnes and Noble Digital Support) usually but I can teach you how to do it:

1.Turn off your nook
2.Push the Power Button for about 20 seconds and release it!
3. Repeat the No. 2 procedure for 6 times and it should do a factory fallback
4. Don't worry if there are blinks every time you push the power button because it means that you are doing it right.
5. Turn on the nook (Make sure your wifi router is on because it would automatically connect to a wireless router in order to update it's software)
7. And now your done.

Just would like to remind everybody that if the software version of your nook is not updated, you can actually side load it's current version in barnesandnoble.com

Now, Be sure to do this if you want to replace your device if you need a replacement if in case your device is not working because the barnes and noble crew will charge you for its replacement if they happen to know that you rooted your nook.

.(....\............../....)
. \....\........... /..../
...\....\........../..../
....\..../´¯.I.¯`\./
..../... I....I..(¯¯¯`\
...I.....I....I...¯¯.\...\
...I.....I´¯.I´¯.I..\...)
...\.....` ¯..¯ ´.......'
....\_________.·´

~o ~o ~o