First time buying a Motherboard

3 replies [Last post]
Kalit101
Kalit101's picture
SX VIP

Alrighty, so I am getting the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban. I have been looking online for a motherboard to go with it, there are a lot of opinions out there. If anyone has suggestions on what motherboard to pair with it, I would greatly appreciate it Smile I want to make this computer a gaming/high performance comp which is either is SLI or Crossfire capable. Other requirements are that it is supports USB 3.0, DDR3 2000, Core unlocking technology. Also a PCI slot big enough to fit a high-end graphics chip in there and not block anything else would be great.
Two most recommended motherboards are the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula and ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD. However, some reviews say that the setup of these boards sucks and that they don't last very long. I was wondering if anyone had experience with NVIDIA motherboards, was looking at the NVIDIA nForce 980a. I do not know too much about Biostar or ZOTAC, so if anyone has a recommendation from them I would love to hear it.
I am gathering parts as I have money so if I should just wait on the motherboard I can do that as well. I would really love some help and advice here. Thank you all.

Leviticus 26:1 you f'in hypocrite
http://bible.cc/leviticus/26-1.htm