The Global Consciousness Project

2 replies [Last post]
Rhapsody
SX VIP

Summary :
The Global Consciousness Project is an international scientific experiment intended to test the theory that "when human consciousness becomes coherent and synchronized, the behavior of random systems may change". Proving this hypothesis would be indicative of the theory that there is, in a sense, a "shared human consciousness" - or a sort of consciousness frequency that all humans are tuned in to.

Scientists have studied the output of 70 random number generators (RNGs) throughout the world to find that as the number of global events increases, the randomization of these RNGs becomes more structured (that is, less random).

My Assertions :
- It seems possible that these disturbances in randomization could be caused by other global influences beyond the scope of our understanding. Experiments of a different nature, which relative to this hypothesis, may be necessary in order to reasonably attribute these events specifically to human consciousness, rather than some other influence.

Conclusion :
I would need to research this intriguing topic further to determine whether or not I truly believe the assumptions that have been drawn from this experiment, but the concept itself is fascinating! Furthermore, it is clear that there definitely is something influencing random number generation, and that this influence is stimulated by global events.

I'd like to hear what other people have to say about this!

The Global Consciousness Project : http://noosphere.princeton.edu/