DoS and Dark Day for SX

4 replies [Last post]
RaT
RaT's picture
SX High Council

Today I had to do something that made me feel dirtier than I've ever felt. I sent apache logs to abuse@isp addresses. The lame GET DoS attacks have continued and even grown in number. For this week alone we have 36 MB in logs. That's 169,775 GET requests that were DoS in nature.

For this week, the following IPs used the same attack:

We've got protections in place, these attacks aren't taking us down. They are however, slowing the site down when they are large enough in number. I don't want to send these fucks to jail, I'd prefer to just get their IPs and own them. I'm not sure what to do at this point. The attacks keep increasing but I've continued to refuse to let this information go to Law Enforcement. Today the High Council made the decision for the logs to go to the abuse departments of each ISP... it is indeed a dark day for SX.

I'm considering writing a DDoSers manifesto. Here is a snippet of how it might go:

DDoSer wrote:

It happened again today. Another one read a book, giving up the joy of DDoS for actual learning.

Damn Blackhats, no one believes in a knocking a site offline anymore.

Another 0day was written today to make me look dumb.

Damn Blackhats, they don't realize the fun of keeping your skills low.

Another potential DDoSer was relegated to an existence of solving problems and actually hacking.

Damn Blackhats, putting exploitation before power in numbers and annoyance.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of DDoS and refusing to learn real hacking. My crime is that of suppressing people by DDoSing their site, rather than outsmarting them. My crime is that of annoying you, something that you will never forgive me for.

I am a DDoSer, and this is my manifesto. You can't stop me, and you certainly can't stop us all until we get computer crime laws changed.